First commit

ArgoUML

I had said nothing about this before, but my mentor and Linus Tolke (the leader of ArgoUML) had setup the environment for doing my work on Google Summer of Code. You can find it at http://argouml-sequence.tigris.org/ (I expect to update the main page soon).

I have no much time for working on this yet (I must finish MaCMAS), but I want to have some work made before May. So I began reading again the cookbook, I configured a new workspace with the ArgoUML code templates and their coding style rules and I start coding a little proof of concept. I created a new plugin, and I add a menu item to the ArgoUML menu bar. This worked fine.

After that, I played with enabling and disabling plugins, and I found that the UI had some problems with the menu bar. I add a call to updateUI in the enable/disable methods of my plugin and all worked fine. I think maybe this call must be at the add/remove method of the GenericArgoMenuBar class, I will suggest this to Bob tomorrow.

I have done the installation of the plugin manually. I must learn about Ant and Eclipse for doing this automatically, because we will need debugging on the future.

With this, Google Summer of Code has started for me🙂


ArgoUML

No he dicho nada sobre esto en la entrada anterior, pero mi mentor y Linus Tolke (el lider de ArgoUML) han dispuesto el entorno para llevar a cabo mi trabajo en Google Summer of Code. Puedes encontrarlo en http://argouml-sequence.tigris.org/ (espero actualizar la página principal pronto).

No tengo mucho tiempo para dedicarle a esto todavía (debo terminar MaCMAS), pero quiero llegar con algún trabajo adelantado a mayo. Por eso he comenzado a releer el Cookbook, configurado un nuevo workspace con las plantillas de código de ArgoUML y sus reglas de estilo en el código y he empezado a programar una pequeña prueba de concepto. He creado un nuevo plugin, y he añadido un item a la barra de menú de ArgoUML. Funcionó a la primera.

Después de eso, jugueteé habilitando y deshabilitando plugins, y encontré que la UI tenía algunos problemas con la barra de herramientas. Añadí una llamada a updateUI en los métodos enable/disable de mi plugin y se arregló. Pienso que quizá esta llamada debería estar en los métodos add/remove de la clase GenericArgoMenuBar, se lo sugeriré a Bob mañana para ver que piensa.

He hecho la instalación del plugin manualmente. Debo aprender acerca de Ant y Eclipse para hacer esto automáticamente, porque necesitaremos depurar en el futuro.

Con esto, Google Summer of Code ha empezado para mí🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: